Sunday, March 11, 2012

The moment that changed everything... Feb. 6, 2012

I had been feeling "different" for a couple of weeks, something was off. I was much hungrier, puffier and more sensitive in certain areas than I was used to. It wasn't just because my husband was deploying in two weeks either...


It was because of this; and this was the third positive test in a row. I took the first one in a gas station bathroom on the way back to work from a dentist's appointment, I took the second and third one in the principal's bathroom at the middle school where I work as an Instructional Facilitator. (That is my desk in the background.)

First reaction: terrified. Second reaction: elated. Third reaction: Well, the timing was something of a concern. Again, my husband was shipping out for a deployment to the Middle East in about two weeks. I was also concerned about his reaction, mostly with the timing. It's not like we weren't trying, but let's just say we weren't really trying. 

Such is life though, no one asks you when you want your blessings. The bug guy upstairs did not ask to see my calendar, and consult with me about what i had planned this year while my husband was overseas (which was quite a lot by the way). So here we are, pregnant and deployed. 

2012 has started out to be quite the adventure. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Must have been an interesting day. Is this your first? Is your husband in the Army? I was in the Navy. I will be praying for his safety and your strength as well. Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, thank you to your husband AND to you for the sacrifices you make serving our country. You don't hear it enough, and that's a shame.

    Second, CONGRATULATIONS on such an exciting blessing.

    Finally, if you need someone to talk to who understands the difficulty of being pregnant during a deployment, let me know and I'll put you in touch with my sister in law. My brother and she had the same situation come up last year, so she will definitely be able to relate and possibly be able to help.

    Congratulations, again.

    ReplyDelete